Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Stitches...again.

Tye got to visit the ER again last Monday. we were all swimming and Tye was going to jump off the diving board when all of a sudden, he decided not to jump. It would have been fine had he just walked back off the board, but instead he just turned around and jumped down into midair and hit his chin on the side of the pool on the way down. I was right there ready to catch him when he jumped, so I grabbed him and got him out fast and thankfully my Mom and Dad were there to help me get Gaige out too. Tye bled alot, and I was actually scared for a few seconds until we got the bleeding under control. My Dad did an awesome job of calming Tye down, and Mom rode with me to the ER while Aunt Pam watched Mason and Gaige.


The last time Tye had to get stitches it was VERY traumatic, so I was stressed about having to bring him in again, but the hospital staff and the Dr were AWESOME, and Tye did not shed a single tear!!!



This is when he was waiting for the numbing medicine to work. Poppa gave him cookies at the house to calm him down and he wanted to just hold them the entire time we were there.


Gee and Tye, I was so very thankful that she came with us!!!
There was a lady who came in and showed Tye how they were going to stitch him up on a little doll, and then she let him look through the viewfinder the whole time the Dr put the stitches in. These ladies were AWESOME!

6 stitches and a popsicle later, he was good to go!

No comments: