Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Nanny Bella

Brion and I jokingly call our dog Bella "Nanny Bella" because she is so protective of the boys and watches over them so well. Today while Mason was at school and Brion was out on the tractor I took Tye and Gaige out to play, and of course Bella was right there with them. Gaige puts EVERYTHING into his mouth right now and sticks and rocks from outside are no exception! Bella, being the good nanny that she is, set up camp right next to Gaige today and proceeded to take every stick and rock right out of his hand/mouth and carry it away!
This is a progression of pictures of the Gaige/Bella battle of the rocks and sticks, haha!
Mmmm, stick...
Bella comes over to remove the rock from Gaige's hand, and then...
carefully watches what he is doing with the stick in his other hand.
She ever so delicately took the stick out of his hand/mouth and put it off to the side of the walkway.
Over, and over, and over again...no matter how many rocks and sticks he would try to eat, she was right there to take them away and keep him safe.
She has the stick in her mouth in this picture, Gaige was getting angry with her for taking it away!
Bella is the best "nanny" dog ever!!!

1 comment:

Denise Skelton said...

This might be one of my most favorite blog posts ever. I LOVE this! GREAT pictures too! Our dog was like this when I was growing up. My mom said one day I was playing outside and turned on the water hose..."Honey" ran to the back door and barked until my mom came. She said as soon as she came out, I said, "Honey told on me!"
:)