Saturday, March 7, 2009

Hunting, Fishing, Puppies and Brothers

Hooray!!! It is finally warm enough to go outside and play again! After Brion left for work on Thursday afternoon, the boys and I went on a 2 hour walk and it was absolutely beautiful! Tye is finally feeling much better after his second round of antibiotics for his ear infections, and Mason was so excited to get to go "hunting" and fishing!
It was about 70 degrees outside so we really didn't even need jackets, but it was pretty breezy, and I wanted to be sure to cover Tye's ears.
Mason got his cammo gun that is "just like daddy's" and was ready to go hunting as we walked to the pond.

Every few feet he would stop walking and say "hey, shh, I'm hunting some deer mom".

He did put his gun down long enough to give his puppy Lucy some hugs though.
Mason was literally sweating in his jacket, but insisted on keeping it since Tye was wearing one.
Tye is not quite the animal lover that Mason is, but he tolerated Lucy's kisses for a few seconds.
This is the best picture of the boys together that I could manage, it is sooo hard to get them both to look and smile at the same time!

Little Tye! He doesn't usually keep his paci all day, but it kept him happy so I obliged.

He was really calm and quiet the whole time we were out and very content just to sit and play.


Mason went fishing down by the dock for a while. His favorite part is stirring up the water with his minnow net to make "smoke".

Where's Tye?

Mason with his Lightning McQueen fishing pole hat Poppa got him. He has a real hook and a real lure now!

Tye watching from the deck, so sweet!

Mason with a mouthful of bread that I brought to feed the fish, needless to say the fish didn't get much bread.

Tye playing with my lens cap, he really kept himself occupied the whole time we were out.
Brion is off for the next 4 days, so it will be exciting to get out all together and do fun stuff!

No comments: