Where do I start? This week has been eventful to say the least!!! We started our week out with a trip to the Dr's office for Tye's 4 month immunizations..yay. The appointment went well, and Tye was 12 lb 7 oz and 22 inches long, go Tye! He is in the 5th percentile for weight, and hasn't made it to the charts yet for height, but the Dr said that his growth is great and right on track for a 29 week preemie! Even though he is 4 months old, his adjusted age is only 8 weeks, so for an 8 weeker he is huge! He got all of his 4 month shots, and Mason was there to hug him afterwards.
Here is Tye with his paperwork after he got his shots, he was ready to get out of there! Mason was also eager to leave, but for a different reason....Build A Bear! "Wets go Mom!"

Mason loves his pet kitten Boots, so i thought that it would be fun to take him to Build A Bear and let him make a stuffed animal. Here he is putting the heart that he picked out into the kitty. He was a little shy at first, but he had a really fun time!

After the lady sewed up his stuffed animal, he got to wash and brush it at the bath station, this was his favorite part!

When he was all finished he got to pick out clothes for his kitten, and what do you think he picked??? A Spiderman costume...now we have "SpiderKitty"! It was a long day, but we had a good time! I used to think that having 2 kids would be the same as having one, boy was I wrong. This outing made me realize that I will always bring along reinforcements (eg. Brion or Gee) when going out for the whole day!!
Then......the night after Tye got his shots, his apnea monitor went off like 12 times in three hours! The monitor has not gone off at all in the past 2 months, so it was a bit alarming to have it go off. I checked on Tye, and he looked fine, but the moniter kept alarming that his heart rate was dropping. So, I called the Dr's office (at 2:30 am) and they said that we needed to bring him straight to the emergency room at Cildrens Hospital, needless to say I was panicked! We called Gee to come and stay with Mason, and off we went. The reason the we had to take him in is because Tye is on a heart medication tht regulates his heart rate ( it was too high when he was born). Sometime the level of the medicine can get toxic, and so he needed blood drawn to make sure that he was ok.
Five hours and many grey hairs later we were discharged! Tye's monitor is set to a certian heart rate, but as babies grow, their heart rates slow down. Soooo....the monitor was having false alarms all night..grrrr. Tye was perfectly healthy and all of his blood work came back completely normal!
The minute we walked back onto the house( at 8am) we were greeted by a very energetic Mason ready to start the day. I am so thankful that Tye is ok, and that God continually watches over both of our boys!!!
1 comment:
How adorable are they!! Jenn H. sent me the link to your blog and I absolutely look it! Ty and Mason are growing up so fast. I know how you feel, Kelton turns 5 months on the 18th and is changing everyday. We need to catch up with each other soon (it's just finding the time :-) Have a Happy Mother's Day!
Post a Comment