Sunday, December 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Brion's birthday was on Sunday, and to celebrate, the boys and I took him to lunch and then to the aquarium! Mason and I got up early and made Brion a really cute birthday card and I got the boys dressed and ready. Mason was so excited to go in and show Brion his card, and wake him up! We ate lunch at Cheeburger Cheeburger (awesome) where Mason ate grilled cheese dipped in more cheese, while Tye dined on apple sauce. After lunch we walked across the street to the aquarium, and took a few pictures before we went in.

Brion and his boys...Happy Birthday Daddy!!!
Mason was extra photogenic, and I got some great pictures with my awesome new camera!
Brion and his mini-me Tye...he is the mirror image of his daddy, and they have the same easygoing personality too!
We saw the otters first, and it seems like every other time we have been to the aquarium they have been out of sight sleeping, but they were out swimming and playing the whole time we were there!
Mason checking out the snakes!
The huge open tank where the kids can touch the fish. About two seconds after I took this Mason fell halfway in and got his sweater soaked...good times!
Brion and Tye hung out while Mason was playing with the fish.

Tye liked the aquarium ,but seemed to like playing with Mommy's face even better!
Mason watching his penny spin, and spin, and spin around.
After we saw ALL of the marine life, sharks, alligators, worms, snakes, butterflies, etc...we went down by the river and had some birthday cake ice cream to celebrate. We are doing cake and a party on Tuesday for all of our families Dec/Jan birthdays, which include Brion, Tye, my brother Ryan, Gee, and my sister-in-law Tabitha!
Every few months there is a new display of "modern art" out by the river, and this is what is there right now...yes, it IS a giant foot...I don't get modern art..
Tye also thinks that the giant feet were kind of weird!
Mason got to run around in the big grassy area outside before we headed home in an attempt to tire him out for Gee. She watched the boys for us so I could take Brion out to dinner and a movie for his birthday. We went to see Twilight and then had Chilli's afterwards, and it was so much fun getting to spend time together alone!

We had a blast at the aquarium, and Brion said that he had a great birthday!
We love you Brion, thank you for being such a wonderful Daddy and husband!!!

No comments: