We were a little behind in setting up our tree this year, but on Friday we finally got it done! We were planning on having it up earlier in the week, but Tye gave us quite a scare on Wednesday night.
He had gone to bed as usual at around 8:30, and about two hours later he whimpered a little on the monitor so I went to check on him, just figuring he probably needed his paci. I turned him over on his back, and noticed that he was not breathing or moving at all, so I picked him up and patted his back...still no breathing. I turned on the light and his lips were blue, so I ran downstairs to start CPR, but by the time I got there he was breathing again. I called Brion and 911, and they came and picked him up and immediately put him on oxygen. Brion was working, so he met us at the hospital, and we found out that Tye had pneumonia and had most likely aspirated some mucous causing his airway to be blocked, and that is why he was limp and blue. It was a very scary night to say the least, and I am so thankful that Tye is back at home now, on antibiotics and getting better!
It is times like these that we see how much we really are blessed with, and how little control we have over them. God was very much in control, and was watching over Tye, just like he watches over us everyday, nothing is a surprise to him. I treasure every day that I am given with both of my sweet boys, and I am so grateful that Tye is OK, and thankful for every one's thoughts and prayers!
Now, the tree...and of course Tye!
No comments:
Post a Comment